We source as much of our supplies as locally as possible, helping the economy by supporting local business, here are some examples:
- Cheddar, of Course from Cheddar Gorge for the only Cave Aged Cheddar made in Cheddar. Zero Miles
- Cheddar for our Spring water. Zero Miles
- Axbridge for our traditional hand made Lemonades. Two Miles
- Draycott in Cheddar for all our other Cheeses served and sold in the Tea Room. Three Miles
- Draycott for Cheddar Grown Strawberries. Three Miles
- Shipham for our Cider. Five Miles
- Highbridge for more Ciders. Eight Miles
- Glastonbury for our Clotted Cream. Ten Miles
- Bishop Sutton for our Veg and Salad. Eleven Miles
We recycle all our waste on a weekly basis separating Glass, Cardboard, Plastic, Tin and Food Waste (Not that there is much of that left) We even pass on any spare meat product to local Dog Walking Company Paws for Walks of Draycott for Doggie treats.
We have swapped all our Takeaway Trays and Milkshake Straws to Veg Ware, Kids drinks are swerved in multi coloured cups with built in straws.
We have removed all Plastic Bottles from our Menu and Shop, switching them to Glass only and also have arrangements with Hulabaloo to collect their own Glass Bottles for re use.